The leading platform on finance and business news in Latin America and the Caribbean, Bloomberg Línea, announced today that it will be launching a fund to incentivize content creation in the Caribbean.
The Caribbean Creators Program is an initiative that looks to attract content creators from across the region which is the sixth largest economy in Latin America. The program will enable creators to share their content with Bloomberg Línea’s large audience.
The minimum requirement is that texts be original that they generate value for audiences on issues that have to do with tourism, entrepreneurship, public policy; foreign trade, macroeconomics, central banks, capital flows in market, national and foreign investments, agro-industry, the main protagonists in the economic sphere of these countries and remittances, amongst other economic phenomena in the region. It should be remembered that this region is the largest exporter of pineapples in the world, the second largest exporter of bananas and the third largest exporter of Arabica coffee on the planet, and one of the largest tourism hubs worldwide.
Bloomberg Línea aims to continue supporting content creators from a diverse range of backgrounds to help them bring their work to new audiences and help them to grow their reach.
Creator’s are invited to apply for the program and assuming they are approved, will be eligible to submit content in text, with successful submissions being featured on Bloomberg Linea multiplatforms. Creators might receive payment for approved content and will have the opportunity to have their work featured on a platform that receives millions of visits every month.
With a population of almost 7 million the Caribbean is a dynamic and interesting region with much potential for growth. Bloomberg Línea aims to support the region’s growth by providing a window for more content on business, tourism and the many other industries that make up the region’s output.
How to contribute:
- Please complete this form with your personal information. You will be able to include the links to your social media profiles, 5 samples of your recent work and some potential topics that you would like to write about.
- Our team will review your application form and will be in contact by up to 10 business days if you are approved to join the Caribbean Creators Program.
- Applications will be valid from March 9th until July 30th 2023.
After being approved:
- Our team will send a welcome email with the next steps, including steps to send your written content for review and payment information.
- If your content is approved, it can be featured on the Bloomberg Línea multiplatforms that receives millions of visits every month.
Suggested content we would like to receive:
- Economy, business and finance content that has to do directly with the Caribbean. (Territories allowed: Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Bonaire, British Virgin Islands, Belize, Cayman Islands, Curacao, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Antigua and Barbuda, Dominica, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Montserrat, Puerto Rico, Saba, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saint Maarten, Sint Eustatius, Sint Maarten,Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos).
- For example, topics that have to do with tourism, entrepreneurship, public policies that affects business and the economy of the countries; foreign trade, macroeconomics, central banks, capital flows in these countries, national and foreign investments, agro-industry, protagonists in the economic sphere of these countries, remittances.
- Content will be accepted in English, Spanish and the region’s local languages.