Business

iFood and Domicilios.com merge operations in Colombia after regulator's approval

iFood will have the largest stake, with 51%, while Delivery Hero, which owns Domicilios.com will keep the remaining 49%

Photo: Shutterstock
  • After a year analyzing the deal, Colombia’s antitrust watchdog approved the merger between iFood and Domicilios.com in the country;
  • According to iFood, there will be no immediate changes and both companies will continue with separate operations.

Brazilian food delivery giant iFood got the green light from Colombia’s antitrust watchdog to merge with its rival Domicilios.com in the Colombian market. The country’s Superintendency of Industry and Commerce has analyzed the deal for almost a year before approving it.

In the new shareholding composition, iFood will have the largest stake, with 51%, while Delivery Hero, which owns Domicilios.com will keep the remaining 49%.

READ ALSO: Brazil’s antitrust watchdog approves the acquisition of Hub Fintech by Magazine Luiza

iFood confirmed to Forbes Colombia that it was notified of the decision and that after the close of the negotiation the companies will be able to start their integration plans.

“There will be no immediate changes and both companies will continue with separate operations, offering the best experience for users, restaurants and home partners,” a company spokesperson told the media outlet.

Get the best insights about Latin America market in your inbox