- The ranking was made by Brandz, with Kantar and the WPP group;
- Overall, Latin America’s 50 most valuable brands grew 2.6% in value last year compared to 2018, reaching a total of $134.3 billion.
Although two Brazilian banks lead BrandZ’s ranking of the most valuable brands in Latin America–Bradesco and Itaú, adding up to US $ 17.9 billion in brand value in 2019–the highlight in the region is retail.
The 11 retailers that figure in the top 50 of the most valuable brands in the region achieved a 38% increase in the overall value of their brands.
The survey was carried out in partnership with Kantar and the WPP group. Overall, Latin America’s 50 most valuable brands grew 2.6% in value last year compared to 2018, reaching a total of $134.3 billion.
Brazilian brands account for 40% of the overall value of the list. According to Meio & Mensagem, Globo was the only Brazilian media company to feature in the ranking.
Check out the 10 most valuable brands in Latin America, according to Brandz, Kantar and the WPP group:
- Bradesco (bank, Brazil). Brand value in 2020: $9.468 billion
- Itaú (bank, Brazil). $8.368 billion
- Corona (beer, Brazil). $7.529 billion
- Skol (beer, Brazil). $7.253 billion
- Telcel (wireless telecommunications company from América Móvil, Mexico) $5.483 billion
- Bodega Aurrerá (discount-store owned by Walmart, Mexico) $5.419 billion
- Falabella (chain of department stores, Chile) $5.186 billion
- Brahma (beer, Brazil) $3.781 billion
- Globo (media, Brazil) $3.624 billion
- Águila (beer, Colombia) $3.522 billion