- Youtube launched a new platform called Youtube Fashion, totally focused on fashion and beauty content
- Several fashion influencers have already confirmed the exhibition of their contents in this new platform
That fashion bloggers have become the heart and soul of Youtube for a lot of people is nothing new. In 2018, more than 169 billion views on Youtube were generated by beauty videos alone, according to Statista. Even so, fans and bloggers have complained that the category is getting less attention from Youtube than others. It definitely won’t be a problem anymore.
Youtube launched a new platform called Youtube Fashion, totally focused on fashion and beauty content with the goal of better organizing this type of content. The videos available will include collabs, style videos from top creators, streams from runaways, backstage of the fashion industry, behind-the-scenes videos, vlogs, and much more.
According to TechCrunch, there is a list of several fashion influencers that already have confirmed the exhibition of their contents in this new platform:
- Fashion & beauty creators such as the Brazilian Camila Coelho, Jenn Im, Ingrid Nilsen, Safiya Nygaard, Jackie Aina, and Huda Beauty
- Collabs between fashion brands with creators like Emma Chamberlain, Dolan Twins, Wengie, the Merrell Twins, Dulceida, Juanpa Zurita, Violet Chachki, and Gigi Gorgeous
- Brands like Louis Vuitton, Dior, Ralph Lauren, Michael Kors, Alexander Wang, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Gucci, and Alexa Chung
- Publications like LOVE Magazine and British Vogue
- Breakout channel ‘Being Naomi’ (Naomi Campbell’s new channel)
With this new product, Youtube aims not only to increase even more the potential of the segment, but also to challenge Instagram for the fashion audience, since the social media platform recently announced a tool for buying fashion products directly from the app.